Sunday, July 6, 2014

Boat Trip.

Just came back from a morning walk with my Italian mum, her friend and also with two lovely dogs of ours! I am dead tired now, it was an hour journey back and forth along the beach. But to burn the calories from the whole pizza I ate last night, it was worth it lolol

ps. it was my first time being able to finish one whole pizza on my own for dinner last night. Not sure if its a good thing thou hmmm

Back to topic, so today I wanted to blog about my boat trip experience with my lovely host parents. So far I went on a boat trip twice, it was breathtaking, I mean the sea view and the experience was definitely one to remember for the rest of my life!

The first boat trip I was a bit reluctant because I was told that we were going to sunbath the whole day from 11am till 5pm. The sun was definitely the hottest at that time. For them, they enjoyed being under the sun, and when I told them that we, Malaysians carried umbrellas under the sun, they were like "WTF U GOTTA BE NUTS" Yeah yeah I know, this is the difference in culture that we had haha. Probably if they had sun for whole year long they would have do the same I guess 

I was allowed to bring a friend of mine along with me for the boat trip, so I immediately thought of a friend of mine whom I met in Messina, Bianca, because of her exchange with AFS to Malaysia for one year. She just ended her exchange program so she would have known how exchange students feel or do, and she is one of the ten million Italians who I've met that could actually speak good English! hahaha

Everything was going well. We swam in the sea, had lunch on the boat and also started getting tan under the hot hot HOT sun. When I got back, I realized how red and hot both my shoulders are. Daymmmm. I've must have gotten sunburn. My shoulder hurts, even the pressure of the bra straps killed me.

pps. now my skin have started to peel. It is disgusting, I feel like a snake histtttt

Second boat trip was yesterday from 11am-3.30pm. I told my parents that I didn't want to swim thou because I was scared that I would be half dead when I meet my friends in centro in the evening for dinner. My initial plan was to wear sunglasses, read books and take good pictures of the view. Eventually, I got seasick and I was forced to swim to the shore to feel better. Epic-fail plan lololol

It was my first time getting sea sick. Feeling very uncomfortable and dizzy, I threw up in the boat. I felt very sorry because everyone was so worried about me, but luckily it was just for a while. After puking my breakfast I felt so much better, but it was still a good day thou.

In the evening I had to take the tram to centro to meet up with my friends, first time taking the tram is erm challenging in terms of the uncertainty of how the tram works. Pizza and pub, had cocktails of vodka, coke and lemon. Within seconds I started feeling hot and a lil tipsy haha 


 Last night's pizza, Quattro Giorni, symbolizes four seasons on each side of the pizza



This is the skin peeling session. Horrible.


Boat trip #1


Boat trip #2 No filters needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment