Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Being Random.

I typed and I backspaced, retype and backspaced. I felt like blogging, but I'm not really sure of what to write about. I'm a little lost, myself.

Overthinking kills, yep. So I guess that this post will be abit random, this and that, here and there haha.

Having a bad Italian language skill is a major problem here. For example, when you are out for a dinner and everyone around you started to talk, you couldn't mingle around because all you can do is to pick up the words that you understand from their conversation and try to make up the whole convo they are discussing about. And imagine the words that you understand are so limited. The only thing you could do is to flash your teeth and smile brightly. Sometimes I got numbed-face for smiling too long. The same situation goes the same with any other occasion, for example, hanging out with friends who doesn't speak English, feeling scared whenever you had to be alone in the city because poeple don't speak English. 

I am not saying that this is bad or either complaining, but I believe that its the same for other exchange students as well. For those who chose to exchange to a country who doesn't speak their mother tongue or share any languages in common. So lesson of the day is to learn as much language as possible when you are young, it will come in handy soon or later.

Three things I did most when I am here is to eat, sea sunbath and also evening walk. Need not to mention bout eat, how can you not enjoy the taste of pure authentic Italian food when you are in the land of pizza? Here you get to try a lot of pasta cooked in varieties rather than usual pasta cooked in tomato paste in Malaysia. And as for sunbathing, yeah I did it like three of four times in a week. To be honest I am likes tones darker now, but the good thing is that it is in even skin colour. I used to have this two different colour tone on my arm because I didn't use sunblock when I was wearing t-shirt. And it was hideous whenever you have to wear sleeveless shirt. So now with the constant sunbathing, I'm seriously tanned, no more langsat kuning kulit, but its okay I like getting tanned hahaha. Also, everyday 7pm sharp, I would be fast-walking by the sea with my mum and two dogs, sometimes accompanied by family's friends as well. I just came back for today's walk, and I was extra tired today, Idk why.

Last night I was out with my friends in the Centro, they were like my anesthetic and my loves in Messina. We were four in the afternoon, called it Awesome Foursome, but one left and it became Awesome Threesome. Sounds abit wrong but it's funny to see one Chinese girl accompanied by two Italian guys as if they are my personal bodyguard who would protect me from any harm. I really loved my friends here because they took effort to bring me to eat, sightseeing and also to tell me history of the city. Another major reason why I would want to return to the land of pizza is to meet them before they are all occupied with their university, besides visiting my host family again.

It has been raining here in the evening right after the walk. And now the chilly wind is striking, killing me slowly with the chilliness. It's the sea wind. Somehow when it rains it gets really cold as if its winter here in Sicily. No snow, just the rain and the wind. It's good for sleeping thou, so I can snuggle in my blanket and also my niek-niek (fav pillow's name).

Time really flies. It does. In another two week plus I will be back into reality, having to face all the things that are awaiting. So before I hit hard back to reality, I shall make the most of the remaining days that I have here the best days of my life.

Leave no regrets, they say. 


suetneeeee



No comments:

Post a Comment